|1062_1 - PhidgetStepper Unipolar 4-Motor|
- The PhidgetStepper Unipolar 4-Motor allows you to control the position, velocity, and acceleration of up to 4 unipolar stepper motors.
- The 1062 can be used in applications that require precise positioning and continuous rotation, at low cost.
- Requires an external 5 to 12VDC power supply.
- Connects directly to a computer’s USB port.
The PhidgetStepper Unipolar allows you to control the position, velocity, and acceleration of up to 4 unipolar stepper motors. The 1062 can be used in applications that require precise positioning and continuous rotation, at low cost.
Note: Because most unipolar motors are resistive limitied, the 1062 does not support current control. If your motor requires current control, have a look at the 1063 - PhidgetStepper Bipolar 1-Motor or the 1067 - PhidgetStepper Bipolar HC.
If you need motors, we carry the following Unipolar Stepper Motors:
- PM42L-048-17 950g-cm Unipolar Stepper
- PM25S-048-15 140g-cm Unipolar Stepper
- PM20L-20-14 50g-cm Unipolar Stepper
If you want to control larger industrial stepper motors, or if you need very precise positioning or a lot of torque, have a look at the 1063 – PhidgetStepper Bipolar Controller.
- 3024 – Power Supply 12VDC 2.0A (North American style plug)
- 3023 – Power Supply 12VDC 2.0A (European style plug)
- 3025 – Power Supply 12VDC 2.0A (UK style plug)
- 3022 – Power Supply 12VDC 2.0A (Australian style plug)
- A 3018_0 - Mini-USB Cable 180cm 24AWG
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts (M3), 4 plastic spacers)
- User Guide
- Stepper Motor and Controller Primer
- Motor Selection Guide
- Mechanical Drawings
- Download 3D Step File
- Programming Resources
|Make sure the power supply is unplugged before attaching or removing wires from the terminal blocks. Failure to do so could cause permanent damage to the PhidgetStepper board.|
|API Object Name||Stepper|
|Motor Type||Unipolar Stepper|
|Number of Motor Ports||4|
|Motor Position Resolution||1⁄2 Step (40-Bit Signed)|
|Position Max||± 5.49756E+11 ½ steps|
|Stepper Velocity Resolution||0.75 ½ steps/sec|
|Stepper Velocity Max||383.3 ½ steps/sec|
|Stepper Acceleration Resolution||140.6 ½ steps/sec²|
|Stepper Acceleration Min||140.6 ½ steps/sec²|
|Stepper Acceleration Max||8895.4 ½ steps/sec²|
|Available Current per Coil Max||1 A|
|Supply Voltage Min||5 V DC|
|Supply Voltage Max||12 V DC|
|Current Consumption Min||23 mA|
|Current Consumption Max||100 mA|
|USB Speed||Full Speed|
|Power Jack Hole Diameter||5.5 mm|
|Power Jack Pin Diameter||2.1 mm|
|Power Jack Polarity||Center Positive|
|Recommended Wire Size (Motor Terminal)||16 - 26 AWG|
|Recommended Wire Size (Power Terminal)||12 - 24 AWG|
|Operating Temperature Min||0 °C|
|Operating Temperature Max||70 °C|
Note: Current from USB supply is not available for motors.
We do not carry enclosures for the 1062_1, because motor controllers are prone to overheating when kept in enclosed spaces for extended periods of time with no airflow.