HUB0003 User Guide
Welcome to the HUB0003 user guide! In order to get started, make sure you have the following hardware on hand:
- HUB0003 - 7-Port USB Hub
- USB cable and power supply
- something to use with the HUB0003 (Phidget, generic USB device, etc.)
Next, you will need to connect the pieces:
- Connect the HUB0003 to your computer using the USB cable.
- Connect the power supply to the barrel jack on the HUB0003.
- Connect other USB devices to the USB ports on the HUB0003. Those devices should connect to your computer as if they were connected directly to the computer.
As per USB standards, a USB device can be expected to consume a maximum of 0.5A. Therefore, you should select a power supply for the HUB0003 with a power rating of at least 17.5 watts (i.e. 3.5A at 5V) if you want to run all seven ports at maximum load with no problems. If there isn't enough power to go around, your attached Phidgets might periodically disconnect and reconnect. All of the power supplies sold at Phidgets are at least 24 watts, so you will be fine with any one of them.
What to do Next
- Software Overview - Find your preferred programming language here and learn how to write your own code with Phidgets!
- Phidget22 API - The API is a universal library of all functions and definitions for programming with Phidgets. Just select your language and device and it'll give you a complete list of all properties, methods, events, and enumerations that are at your disposal.