I need to measure the amount of fuel used in a race car. I already have the flow meter. This has a reed switch output for a given flow, which is 200 pulses = 1 litre.
I have these requirements:
- Measure up to 100 litres, so need to count 20,000 pulses.
- Display the current consumption total on an in car display to 1 decimal place.
- When refuelling, I need to be able to reset the total by a push button held down for approx. 3 seconds.
- The count needs to be non-volatile if power is lost.
- If possible, upload the total to an FTP site / HTTP POST site with a configurable frequency (approx. 1-10 times per minute)
I am looking to use the VINT hub as a device for input/output. I’m not sure what to do regarding the device to use?
Would I be best to use an Android device with an on-the-go cable or go Raspberry Pi or some other route?
I like the idea of Android as this has built in screen / power so this takes care of display/battery backup.
Does anyone have any experience/pointers?
Thanks in advance!