Just a bunch of ideas

What do you need Phidgets to do for you?
coso2
Phidgetsian

Just a bunch of ideas

Post by coso2 »

Hi there. Here there are, just a bunch of ideas I got after using your products for a while.

1 )VINT Rfid reader
The usb connection can be problematic, usb type mini is difficult to find for longer lengths (and the cable with the ferrite don't pass inside small electrical duct), and sometimes a bad cable can make you waste tons of time. A vint rfid reader can be used with a WiFi vint hub, so no cable problems.

2 )VINT Voltage/Current inputs
A vint phidgets with 8x 0-10V, 0-20mA, 4-20mA analog inputs (Can configure input mode for groups of 2 like on some plc). Anything industry related that outputs this voltages can be used easy.

3 )VINT serial communication
Phidgets for low level communication (i2c, spi, UART, USART, can, RS232, RS485). Interface the high level of the phidgets system with a low level board like an Arduino, infinite possibilities!

4 )PoE WiFi vint hub and SBC
Because yes, no more wacky connection inside the machines to get a 24V, a place on the electrical panel to put a receptacle for power supply, or a power cord.
Now, this can be a problem if you need to use something a board like a REL1000_0 that needs external power. Maybe a power-out from a PoE device?

5 )More displays
The LCD1100_0 is an interesting product, I am curious to see if you are planning more on this side.

6 )VINT nfc reader
Maybe paired with the RFID reader?

7 )MONO projects on SBC
An easier way to compile and run MONO apps on SBC, without using both web ui and ssh. Easy compile, run, and set as service as startup.

8 )VINT usb keyboard port
Just an usb port for connecting an usb keyboard, or a barcode scanner configured as keyboard emulation

I really like the VINT concept. Hope to see more from you. Our WiFi VINT hub is working flawlessly even on a routed environment. The flexibility and the event driven API are fantastic.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Just a bunch of ideas

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

Some great ideas. I can't get into specifics, but a lot of your list is already in the works.

-Patrick