Rasberry Pi 4 Artisan Temp not displaying

Supporting 2.6 and up
Carloanwar
Fresh meat

Rasberry Pi 4 Artisan Temp not displaying

Post by Carloanwar »

I have no idea where to start I ran the HelloWorld command It stated Thermocouple 4X and it have me a serial #. It didn't say anything regarding the probes though. I may have accidentally installed the v21 drivers and v22 drivers. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Running artisan 2.4.4. I have zero issues on with artisan reading the phidgets on my laptop, somehow it don't know where to start to copy some code that at least let's me see if the probes temperatures are being seeing within the Pi. I hooked it up to a powered USB, just in case. Help is really appreciated, I have exhausted my very limited knowledge of Linux or coding.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Rasberry Pi 4 Artisan Temp not displaying

Post by mparadis »

If you want to test if your Phidgets are working on the Raspberry Pi, I would recommend setting up python for Linux and running the python example for your device (go to the product page for your device and see the "code samples" tab.

If the thermocouple is connected and working, this example will print the thermocouple temperature to the screen until you press a key. If you don't have a screen and keyboard attached to the Pi, you'll have to remote in using SSH to run the example.

As for the drivers, it's ok to have both Phidget21 and Phidget22 installed at the same time.
pantera
Fresh meat

Re: Rasberry Pi 4 Artisan Temp not displaying

Post by pantera »

Hello I'm trying to accomplish the same goal here with Artisan on Raspberry PI 4. I'm usingthe VINT Hub HUB0000_0 to connect to a Humidity Phidget HUM1001_0 to start with. At the sample code compilation I get the following error:

OSError: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found

Has anybody ran through this problem using the Raspberry 4? I'm running Python 3.7.3 on Raspberry OS 10 (Buster).