Correct items?

Comments & issues
Mathwiz
Phidgetsian

Correct items?

Post by Mathwiz »

I have a home coffee roaster and a K-type thermocouple. I want to use Artisan software on a PC running Windows 10. I have searched the Phidgets website and I believe I have found what I need to monitor one temp on Artisan. Can someone confirm that these items will work for my needs provided I download the correct software and configure Artisan properly?
Thanks in advance for any help.

TMP1100_0 - Isolated Thermocouple Phidget
HUB0007_0 - 1-Port VINT Hub Phidget
3003_0 - Phidget Cable 10cm
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Correct items?

Post by mparadis »

Yes, those devices will allow you to use your thermocouple with Artisan software.

However, it's worth mentioning that the HUB0007 just came out this week, so Artisan software might have some issues with it (e.g. if any part of their code assumes a hub always has six ports, which has been true up until now). We've sent an email to the owner of the company to let him know about this new device so he can test it out soon.
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

We just tested it in-house with a copy of Artisan and it recognizes it just fine.
Mathwiz
Phidgetsian

Post by Mathwiz »

Thanks! Now where did I put that shopping cart? :)
Mathwiz
Phidgetsian

Post by Mathwiz »

Thanks again for the reply. As I wait for my order to arrive, I have been checking out how to configure Artisan and it appears it will require me to select the USB hub. As the one I have purchased appears to be a new item, can you direct me to which hub I will need to select? The one I purchased is:

HUB0007_0 - 1-Port VINT Hub Phidget

and I didn't see this model listed in the latest version of Artisan.

I hope my question makes sense as I am new at this endeavor.
Mathwiz
Phidgetsian

Post by Mathwiz »

Just to put this thread to bed, I received my items and they work just fine with Artisan 2.8.4. Thanks for the assistance.
Mathwiz
Phidgetsian

Post by Mathwiz »

I have decided to add another thermocouple to my vint hub HUB0007_0. If I purchase the TMP1101_1 and add a second thermocouple input, will the HUB0007_0 work properly? What I'm asking is will they both work plugged into the one hub?