How to factory reset/downgrade firmware on 1067_0B

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
fraser
Engineering

Re: How to factory reset/downgrade firmware on 1067_0B

Post by fraser »

dahu wrote:Hi

same issue here

GetIsMoving() is buggy

and 204 is still buggy, very very slow response

there was no problem on 202 ... why upgrade ????!!!

Under what circumstance/OS/language?
dahu
Fresh meat

Post by dahu »

- Win10
- Java 1.8 && 1.10

tool for downgrade is great ! back to 202 and issue disappear

Context : "wait while is moving"

Issue on 204 : GetIsMoving() was responding after 45sec at least ...

in 202 : it's near real time.
fraser
Engineering

Post by fraser »

Feel free to use 202 if it's working better for you, but it has some major bugs surrounding Run mode and acceleration so upgrades were needed. I'm unable to reproduce the problems you're seeing in 204 yet.

Are you calling GetIsMoving() continuously and changing position when it's false? Any info you can provide as to the flow of your program will help me track it down
MeanDude
Fresh meat

Post by MeanDude »

nm17 wrote:Hi

I have upgraded a couple of 1067_0B boards from 202 firmware to 203 firmware today and would like to downgrade back to firmware 202 - how can I do this?

I tried installing an older version of Phidgets driver but it would not offer option to install older firmware. There isn't anything in the API either.
I went through my own discovery on how to do this. My friends at Phidgets were VERY patient and worked with me on this (thanks Brian). I wanted to offer the process we used to all.

First, check this out:

https://phidgets.com/downloads/firmware/README.txt

... it points you to the Phidget22Admin tool for firmware regression. This is the link for that:

https://www.phidgets.com/downloads/phid ... min.tar.gz

Once you get it, you have to set it up. At least, I had to with my fruit computer - assuming the CONIFG options are the same for other OS's. From Terminal (Apple's Command Prompt equivalent) I entered:

Code: Select all

configure && make && sudo make install
I had to enter my user's password (from my MAC login) to complete the installation. Once completed, I had to dispatch the downgrade. This was done by entering:

Code: Select all

phidget22admin -M 438107 -U -V 200
You'll replace 438107 with your serial number. The -U dispatches the upgrade (if you don't give it any number, it'll pick the latest version and send). Finally, -V 200 is version 200 of the firmware. If you want another version, just replace the 200 with your selected number.

Once you run the command, it finds the device, gives you a % completed with a very quick count to 100% and resets the device. A few notes:
  • This DOES have a help menu. Trigger it with a -H
  • The product IS cAsE-sEnSitiVE!
  • If you don't add the -U, it doesn't do anything. Quoting Big Paul of American Chopper fame, "I gots no ideer why it's this away."
In my case, this bailed me out of an issue with older software that didn't have the proper libraries resulting in random flashing of LED's on an Advanced LED card.

I figure the above issue was likely solved with legacy methods and the links to the files that helped are dead. As such, I am posting this for posterity sake with the hopes it can help someone in the future.

- MeanDude