New to Phidget - Phidget Not Attached?

Comments & issues
oweiss
Fresh meat

New to Phidget - Phidget Not Attached?

Postby oweiss » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:32 pm

I'm using the 1067 controller and a bipolar stepper motor on Windows 7. I connected my motor to the board according to the instructions (http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?ca ... _id=3325_0) and connected the board to a 12 V power supply using a couple wires.

However, I clearly did something wrong - according to the power supply there is barely any current running. When I tried to run the simple stepper motor Python sample code, it recognized a motor was attached, but the motor didn't move and the program eventually crashed. When I try to use the Phidget Control Panel and upgrade my device, I get the following error: Couldn't reboot into firmware upgrade mode.

What am I missing? Is my controller broken, or am I doing something wrong?

**Edit: I was able to upgrade my device and use the UI, but when I moved the target position around the motor still didn't move.

mparadis
Site Admin

Re: New to Phidget - Phidget Not Attached?

Postby mparadis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:25 am

When you try to use the control panel example, is the "engaged" box checked? Also make sure current limit is moved up and the velocity limit and acceleration are turned up too.

oweiss
Fresh meat

Re: New to Phidget - Phidget Not Attached?

Postby oweiss » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:07 am

It turns out my max velocity was set to 0, so my motor couldn't move. After I changed that on the motor control panel, the API started working as well. Thanks for your help!

Return to “General”