Connection Refused

Supporting 10.7 and up
jpcote
Phidgetsian

Connection Refused

Postby jpcote » Fri May 08, 2015 4:31 pm

I am currently unable to open a connection to the web service. The control panel tells me the service is running but I don't think it is. When I manually launch phidgetwebservice21, I get : "Segmentation fault: 11".

I'm on Mac OS X 10.10.3 (Yosemite) with driver version 2.1.8 (12-9-2014). I believe that's the latest version.

Any ideas ?

Here's are details of what it looks like when I launch phidgetwebservice21 in verbose mode:

MacBook-Pro:~ jpcote$ phidgetwebservice21 -v
INFO: Enabling logging
INFO: zeroconf_advertise_ws success
INFO: Got a reply for MacBookPro 6953659825055938413._phidget_ws._tcp.local.:
INFO: Name now registered and active
INFO: Found 2 interfaces to Bind to.
INFO: Setting up interface 0: Family:2, Socktype:1, Protocol:6
INFO: Setting up interface 1: Family:30, Socktype:1, Protocol:6
INFO: Attach: 13571

INFO: Using Control Endpoint for Host->Device communication.
Segmentation fault: 11

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Connection Refused

Postby Patrick » Mon May 11, 2015 9:23 am

Do you have any USB devices other then Phidgets plugged in? also, can you try setting a simple server id for the webservice?

-Patrick

jpcote
Phidgetsian

Re: Connection Refused

Postby jpcote » Mon May 11, 2015 10:52 am

Patrick,

Thanks for your quick reply. To answer your first question, I did not have any other USB devices plugged in.

However, as suggested, I simply added something in the ServerID field (which was empty) and it fixed the issue right away. To be sure, I removed it and tried again and the problem came back. It seems the ServerID field cannot be empty. Failure to put anything in this field causes a segfault on my machine...

P.S. I'm currently adding support for additional boards to the Node.js "phidgets" module (https://www.npmjs.com/package/phidgets) so I might pop in with more questions from time to time.

Cheers!

Return to “macOS”