CPhidget_Open causes GUI to freeze

C, C++, and Visual C++
gusdsnail
Phidgetsian

CPhidget_Open causes GUI to freeze

Postby gusdsnail » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I have the temperature sensor and can get it working fine, however when I physically detach the device and then reattach it, the whole GUI freezes. The mouse stops momentarily and I can't do a thing. I'm using Qt5.1 and have tried putting it in a separate thread but to no avail.

Or is this the normal behaviour?

gusdsnail
Phidgetsian

Re: CPhidget_Open causes GUI to freeze

Postby gusdsnail » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:54 am

After a little bit of testing the Phidget Control Panel also locks the system momentarily. Can someone confirm if this is the normal behaviour?

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 am

Is this on Windows? Do you see this sort of system-wide freeze if you detach/attach your device when no Phidgets-related software is running, or only if the Phidget is opened? Have you tried different USB ports on the computer?

Freezing of the mouse points to a deeper problem then the Phidgets software/libraries could produce.

-Patrick

gusdsnail
Phidgetsian

Postby gusdsnail » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:01 am

Yes, I am using windows 7 pro 64 bit. This freezing only occurs when I have the phidgets library open. To be precise if i call CPhidget_Open and then plug in the device it freezes the system. However if I plug the device in and then open the phidgets library all is fine and runs smoothly.

Also, if i then unplug the device and plug the device back in, it freezes the system.

Any ideas?

Return to “C/C++”