iPad/iPhone connectivity

Supporting iOS 8 and up
dcastal1
Fresh meat

iPad/iPhone connectivity

Postby dcastal1 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm trying to connect my iPad to a phidget via the USB connector.
Clearly I can do this thru the simulator, but I'm not entirely sure I can do this using adapters on the iPad itself.
One of the problems I'm having is finding any helpful xcode that will interact with the phidget.
I have an 8/8/8. I simply want to turn on a few LED's and get some input from a gauge.
Is this possible? Anyone have some sample xcode projects they could point me to?

burley
Human-Cyborg Relations

Re: iPad/iPhone connectivity

Postby burley » Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 am

http://www.phidgets.com/docs/Language_- ... _Downloads

You can only physically connect your Phidget to a device which has a USB host controller which the iPad does not. You would need to use the WebService in order to interact.
Brian Burley
403-282-7335 ext. 6003
support@phidgets.com

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 am

Actually the iPad does have USB host - people have been using the camera connection kit to connect keyboard, usb keys, etc.

However, Phidgets are NOT supported. Apple does not allow direct access to attached USB devices, so there is no way to support directly attached Phidgets on an iPad. If you would like to attach Phidgets directly to a tablet, we fully support Android tablets.

iOS only allow connection to remotely attached Phidgets via the webservice.

-Patrick

jackjacki
Fresh meat

Postby jackjacki » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:13 am

"?"?"?"? so there is no way to support directly attached Phidgets on an iPad "?"?"?"? :roll:
Play chess online with friends 100% free visit site now Download Chess Game online

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:02 am

No, this is not supported by Apple - nothing we can do about this unfortunately.

If you'd like to use Phidgets directly attached to a tablet - we do support Android for this.

-Patrick

Return to “iOS”