1065 Motor Controller not working in labview

Supporting Labview 2012 and up
mtempley
Phidgetsian

1065 Motor Controller not working in labview

Postby mtempley » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 am

Hi,
For some reason, my 2 1065 boards won't work in labview. I know it's not a hardware issue because they both work through the phidget control panel. At the moment, I'm just trying to run the 1065 motor controller example. Every time I try to run it, it comes up with multiple errors, saying that there is something wrong with the MC blocks that you have supplied in the phidget API for labview. I've had a look in those sub-VIs and I can't see anything wrong with them. I don't think the whole library is broken because I've got multiple other phidgets working perfectly in labview.
Any light you can shed on this matter would be much appreciated.

taheriah
Fresh meat

Re: 1065 Motor Controller not working in labview

Postby taheriah » Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 am

mtempley wrote:Hi,
For some reason, my 2 1065 boards won't work in labview. I know it's not a hardware issue because they both work through the phidget control panel. At the moment, I'm just trying to run the 1065 motor controller example. Every time I try to run it, it comes up with multiple errors, saying that there is something wrong with the MC blocks that you have supplied in the phidget API for labview. I've had a look in those sub-VIs and I can't see anything wrong with them. I don't think the whole library is broken because I've got multiple other phidgets working perfectly in labview.
Any light you can shed on this matter would be much appreciated.

I have a similar problem with 1066. It seems that LabView cannot get the Device ID from the device or a communication problem.
Please help.

mtempley
Phidgetsian

Re: 1065 Motor Controller not working in labview

Postby mtempley » Thu May 03, 2012 10:57 am

Here's the 2 responses I've had so far from the Phidget team:

"The error seems to be caused by the MCGetSupplyVoltage vi. Try removing it from the example and running it again. There is a bug in our library that we are working to fix. For the time being removing that vi should fix the problem."

"There seems to be a bug in our LabVIEW library for the motor controllers though from what I can tell nothing else is affected. We will be investigating further, stand by for more information."

Return to “Labview”