Using Phidgets without installation

Supporting Max/MSP versions 6 and up
Bars
Fresh meat

Using Phidgets without installation

Postby Bars » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi,

Today I've acquired a PhidgetAccelerometer, but unfortunately I can't install the software on my laptop (running Win 7), because I am temporarily borrowing it from the university and I don't have administrator authority to do stuff like that.

So I was hoping someone here knows if there is a way to bypass the installation. Maybe I can just copy files into the right folders?

Cheers

fraser
Engineering

Re: Using Phidgets without installation

Postby fraser » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:40 pm

You can download the library files directly under the Drivers tab; under Windows, it is the 3rd option.

Take a read through the library information document, it will explain how to do the rest. This document is located under the Programming tab, near the top of the page is a pdf named "Description of the Phidget Libraries." open that and have a read through, what you are probably looking for is on Page 3 if the document. If you have trouble after that, I can try to assist you further.

Bars
Fresh meat

Postby Bars » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:43 am

Apparently I even need administrator authorization for pasting stuff into the program files folder. Seems like I will just have to wait until monday to figure this thing out..

Thanks anyway!

fraser
Engineering

Postby fraser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 am

if you use c you shouldn't need to paste into the program files directory, you can just put phidgets.dll into the same folder as your program.

Return to “Max/MSP”