Problems with new SBC Libraries?

Comments & issues
rich
Phidgetly

Problems with new SBC Libraries?

Postby rich » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm

I recently upgraded my SBC's (SBC 1 and 2) with the most recent libraries. I also updated my clients with the same libraries. My hope was that it would have resolved some ongoing problems I've been having with connectivity.

Unfortunately, I can't even keep a connection going for more than a few seconds, and it's really frustrating me.

Were there some changes that I've missed that I should have incorporated into my code that might explain this problem? I'm using open with IP remote for the SBC's (IFKIT) as well as Dictionary and Frequency Counter. Both the Frequency counter and the Dictionary seem more stable, but the SBC's are really unstable.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Rich.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Problems with new SBC Libraries?

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 am

Hi,

We'll be an update with major webservice bugfixes in the next couple of days. I'd like to see if these fix your problems before looking into them.

-Patrick

rich
Phidgetly

Postby rich » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your response. If possible, could you please let me know either here or by personal msg that you've posted the update? I'm really in a hurry to get these back online.

Thanks!

Rich.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 am

Yes, I will let you know.

-Patrick

rich
Phidgetly

Postby rich » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Patrick, if you'd like I'd be happy to be a beta for you... I'm basically down until this is fixed - so whatever I can do to help speed up delivery of a more stable release, helps us both. :)

Best!

rich.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 am

Hi,

You can grab beta's from here: http://www.phidgets.com/downloads/beta/

You'll have to copy over and install the SBC2 packages manually via ssh: 'dpkg -i package.deb'

What system are you using for client-side?

-Patrick

rich
Phidgetly

Postby rich » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks Patrick,

I've installed the beta versions on my SB2 - I'm using Windows7 for my client with both VB6 and Java applications. I'm anxious to try these out!

Best!

rich.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:57 am

Adding the Windows Beta.

-Patrick

rich
Phidgetly

Postby rich » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank you Patrick,

'loaded all the libraries - just bringing up the Phidget Control Panel and launching the "Interface Kit-full" I immediately get the following message: "Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:43:58 PM: Channel 7: 8 sample overrun detected.", which is consisent with issues I've seen with my own software. I'm connected directly (via cable) to my SBC2, so the indirect issues with the wireless aren't coming into play.

I can run the software, and interact with the SBC, but it just seems there shouldn't be an overrun message when you start up. I'll send more as I play around with things...

Best!

Rich.

rich
Phidgetly

Postby rich » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Hi Patrick,

At least some good news, my VB6 program seems to be more stable. I was able to run a complete session for about 30 minutes without a glitch, or losing connection. That's a cause for some celebration! I'm having some connection issues with my java program, but that could be my problem. I'll know more over the next couple of days and will let you know issues as I come up with them.

Best!

Rich.

Return to “General”