1055 cannot do RC5x codes

If you notice any bugs on our site, please report them here.
abra01

1055 cannot do RC5x codes

Postby abra01 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:00 am

Help,
I need to control several devices in an automation project. One of these is the Marantz NR1501, which uses RC5-ext codes.
I need to send the following code:
system:16(dec.)
extended-command:62 (dec.)
(select game input)

When learning, the phidget reads 20 bits, although the code is no longer than a normal RC5 code (just 1 instead of 2 start bits, and a different first bit). Codes which are normal RC5 can be learned with no problem.

Learning raw code and retransmitting does not work.
I've tried sending a raw code, calculated from Pronto codes, and this didn't work either.

* how can I directly send an RC5x code?
* how can I transmit a raw RC5 code (examples may help)

RC5x looks like: http://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/rc5.php

Complete codes for the device can be found at http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages ... tId=NR1501

p.s.: my college encountered the problem using LabView, I've tried to use Visual studio/C++ starting from the simpleIR example.

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: 1055 cannot do RC5x codes

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

Do you have access to the remote to capture the raw data? You should be able to re-transmit this data. Also, make sure you change the carrier frequency to 36kHz.

RC5x is probably not transmittable other then by raw code.

-Patrick

abra01

Re: 1055 cannot do RC5x codes

Postby abra01 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 am

I managed to get it working, by connecting an oscilloscope to the receiver (near U2 label) and writing down low/high pairs
(880, 1760 for short/long pulses) and checking if this matches the code.

This finally worked.

The learning bit seams not well functioning. It misses part of the code and introduces a lot of jitter.

Return to “Bug Report”