Wireless Phidget Interface's, Vote Here! POLL

What do you need Phidgets to do for you?

Would you like a wireless phidget product made

Yes
97%
No
3%
Dont Know
No votes

Total votes: 29

Doom1992

Wireless Phidget Interface's, Vote Here! POLL

Post by Doom1992 »

There has been alot of discussion over wireless fidgets. I think may people would benefit from using a wireless phidget in there projects.

PLEASE VOTE ABOVE!!
SgtJimmmy

Wireless

Post by SgtJimmmy »

I don't have a PDA that has USB and this limitation is really hurting me when it comes to more "mobile" devices built with Phidgets. I say WIFI, Bluetooth whatever. please don't make me beg! :lol:
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

Wifi would be cool, but even now ad-hoc networks just don't seem to work well, so you'd probably need an existing wireless network framework. On the Phidgets side - Wifi is very complicated and expensive to implement, and sourcing wifi chips at low volume is very difficult.

Bluetooth would also be cool, and I think it makes some sense to create a bluetooth adapter board that would allow any Phidget to be converted into a bluetooth enabled phidget - I can't see us producing dedicated bluetooth phidgets.

Both of these ideas have been discussed, but we just don't have the resources for pursuing them right now.

-Patrick
dizzy

Re: Wireless Phidget Interface's, Vote Here! POLL

Post by dizzy »

what about XBee support?
zero0ne

Post by zero0ne »

when you mean wireless phidgets OP, do you mean the base station being wireless? or do you mean sensors that are wireless?

XBee would be something to consider for making wireless sensors, but again with what Patrick said, it may be too cost prohibitive to implement them.
nhasson76

Post by nhasson76 »

I would love to see an option to make the sensors wireless over some kind of XBee module..