HELP Please! Cant re-install Phidgets Library

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
c172skyhawk

HELP Please! Cant re-install Phidgets Library

Postby c172skyhawk » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:34 pm

I wish to re-install the Phidgets library and FS2Phidgets to evaluate if they are suitable for me. I have had them previously installed on the same computer.

When I run "Phidget_2.1.3.20080116.msi evering seems ok for a while, then I get a message saying "The specified service already exists", followed by an "Installation incomplete" message.

I assume that something has noy uninstalled properly from the previous install, and that I need to manually uninstall all componants.

Please advise how I can re-install

THANK YOU :?: :?: :?:

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:16 am

Is there are phidget libraries listed in the windows uninstaller that you could uninstall? If you have Visual Studio, you'll want to use installutil to uninstall the phidget webservice. The alternative is hacking through the registry to remove any references to Phidgets.

-Patrick

cfrend
Fresh meat

Re: HELP Please! Cant re-install Phidgets Library

Postby cfrend » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 pm

I had this same error during installation of a new version of the phidget driver. I have WinXP SP3 running.

The way I fixed it was exactly as said above:
1. If it is not available as an uninstallable program
2. Search the registry (ctl F) for the word "phidget"
3. Remove everything associated with the word (be smart about it and don't remove obvious registries on project documents you created yourself just remove library and driver ones)
4. When removing registries you may have to change permissions on some to allow full access.
5. Restart your machine
6. Now try to install your the new version.

To prevent having to do this, never just delete your "Phidgets" program file without uninstalling it properly.

Return to “All Other Phidgets”