Trying to locate a Phidget 1052_0 Encoder for Legacy Project

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
homsar47
Fresh meat

Trying to locate a Phidget 1052_0 Encoder for Legacy Project

Post by homsar47 »

My team built a project around the phidget 1052_0 encoders because our university had them laying around. Obviously, these have been discontinued for a long time. One of our phidgets is occasionally misbehaving, and we have a conference coming up. I was hoping to find a used one online, but they seem virtually impossible to find.

Any chance someone would be interested in selling one? I apologize if there is a rule against this request I am unaware of, but I figured if there's anywhere in the world people might have a spare 1052 encoder, it'd be here.

We're currently directly interfacing with the HID and reading the input string directly, then applying our own wrapper around it. We aren't using any Phidget libraries or installing anything beyond what's on the board itself. Is anyone familiar with converting from the 1052 encoder to a newer model such as this? https://www.phidgets.com/?tier=3&catid= ... prodid=982

It would be preferable to continue to just use the 1052_0 encoders because our other encoders work fine and we'd need to now include a VINT Hub, but I'd be interested in knowing if the VINT Hub would still work fine with our current preferred method of handling input.