Can't change IP on HUB5000

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
scsm
Phidgetly

Can't change IP on HUB5000

Post by scsm »

I have a VINT Hub working fine over wifi but I need to test things on a private isolated network.

In the VINT Hub (remote) web page under "Network", if I change IPv4 from DHCP to Static, set the ip to the same private range and subnet mask as my test PC, then click "Save & Apply" I get a message saying I'll lose network connectivity (which is fine).

However, I cannot connect from the Phidgets Control Panel over ethernet (on the switch both link lights are on for the PC and the VINT Hub).

When I reconnect via WIFI and go back to the Network page (on the Hub web page), Ethernet Settings still say "DHCP" rather than Static.

A "Reboot System" (from the System page) makes no difference. Changing the DHCP to Static never "sticks". And the Status says "Ethernet DOWN". Prob because there is no DHCP server on this private network of 2 devices and a network switch).

How do I make sure "Static IP" stays set after changing it for Ethernet.

I have Hardware Version 100, and Firmware Version 1.0.71. In the Phidgets Control Panel, the "version" says 203.

I might add, ethernet does work on a network with DHCP, just I can't configure it for private network.

Thanks for your help.