Cannot connect to HU5000

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
scsm
Phidgetly

Cannot connect to HU5000

Post by scsm »

New HUB5000 just unboxed. It appears as discoverable by WIFI but it won't connect on Android phone, Win11 MS table or Win10 Pro desktop.

They all say the key is incorrect (am using the pwd from the front of the Wireless VINT HUB5000_0).

Ideas? As this is the first time using Phidgets all out of ideas (and don't have any others to try). Nearest distributer is 200 km away.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Cannot connect to HU5000

Post by Patrick »

Try a factory reset to restore the default password. If that doesn't work, maybe you are typing in the password wrong (mixing up 0 and O for example), or maybe the wrong password was printed to the label during manufacturing. Your best bet would be to plug the HUB into your network with ethernet, then you can load up the web interface and see what the WiFi password is set to, and change it.

-Patrick
scsm
Phidgetly

Re: Cannot connect to HU5000

Post by scsm »

The pwd on the label was wrong. HUB label had a number 1, while the WIFI pwd was set with a lowercase "i". Once changed via ethernet could connect via WIFI.

Initially when I read the doco I thought you needed to get it work via WIFI before you could connect via ethernet (which I did think was odd).

All good, thanks for your help.