Defective HUM1001_0?

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Defective HUM1001_0?

Post by berkinet »

I just received a new HUM1001_0 and it appears to be defective. I can see values from it in the Phidget Control Panel as a basic VolageRation device. But, it does not identify itself as a VINT device. I have tried swapping cords, ports and using other devices with the same cords and ports. It all points to a defective HUM1001.

Before I contact the vendor (in France), is there anything else I can do to reset or troubleshoot the device?

EDIT: I can confirm I can connect to the phidget on channel 0, but not on channel 1. Channel 0 appears to be a thermometer, but that is not certain.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Defective HUM1001_0?

Post by mparadis »

In your edit you say you can connect to one of the channels- is this in the control panel, or in your own program? From your other posts I assume you're on the newest version of our libraries.
berkinet
Phidget Mastermind

Post by berkinet »

Yes, current libs. And also yes, in my own program. The control panel only sees the default, di, do, vi, & vri.

So, it really looks like a standard dumb sensor hooked up to the hub.
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

If it's not showing up in the control panel, the board is probably faulty- although it's strange that you were able to open a channel in your own program. What object did you use to open it? If you're opening the hub port in Voltage Input/VoltageRatio Input mode like you did in the control panel, all you're seeing is the voltage changes from the VINT communication, not real sensor data.