Connecting InterfaceKit with VINT HUB?

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
jonathan_h
Fresh meat

Connecting InterfaceKit with VINT HUB?

Post by jonathan_h »

Is it possible to connect my InterfaceKit (8/8/8) with the VINT Hub Phidget? I'm currently using the VINT Hub to connect to two solid state relays, but I also was under the impression that I could connect three interfacing kits to the hub.
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Connecting InterfaceKit with VINT HUB?

Post by mparadis »

The 1018 PhidgetInterfaceKit can't connect directly to the VINT Hub Phidget, but it can be connected to the same computer that's controlling the VINT Hub.

If you were under the impression that you could connect 3 PhidgetInterfaceKits to your VINT Hub, perhaps you were thinking of the SBC3003, which has it's own VINT Hub and 3 USB ports?
jonathan_h
Fresh meat

Post by jonathan_h »

Our use case includes running a .NET C# Application on a Windows Desktop, which we originally planned to connect to a VINT Hub. The connections that we wanted on this hub were planned to be two solid state relays and 3 interface kits.

I don't think that the SBC3003 would be appropriate, since we want to utilize the C# API of the Phidgets with our .NET application. Would our best bet be to just connect the VINT Hub to our PC and connect the two solid state relays to that hub, and then to also just have three USB connections from the interface kits going to our PC?
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

Yes, that would be the best solution. If you're running low on USB ports, you can use a USB hub to split one port into many.