Photosensor and DA1301 Digital Input

Any hardware type questions or problems for all other Phidget devices.
danthoskin
Phidgetly

Photosensor and DA1301 Digital Input

Post by danthoskin »

Hi, I was hoping someone could explain how I get my DA1301 to read the 3525 photosensors.
I have 24vdc power to the blue and brown of transmitter and reciever, but when connected to the DA1301 I don't get a response. I connected the black from the reciever to the + on a DA1301 terminal that has a 24common (-) connected to the negative terminal. It didn't show a change in the Phidgets Control Panel, so I put a meter on it and this is what I read:

-When the beam is broken the light on the reciever goes out and I get .691VDC between the black and the 24VDC common.
-When the beam is unbroken the light on the reciever goes on and I get 371.8 mv between the black and the 24VDC common.

I am assuming that is not enough of a voltage change to trip the DA1301, so if someone could point me in the right direction here it would be most appreciated.
I have a DAQ1000 Voltage Input device in this project that I could use to recognize that change in voltage, but I feel like I am missing something simple here. The manual shows it connected to the digital input of a 'Versatile Input Phidget', which looks like it only reads <5volts, so am I wrong to try to read this sensor with the DAQ1301?

Thanks,
Dan Hoskin
danthoskin
Phidgetly

Re: Photosensor and DA1301 Digital Input

Post by danthoskin »

Ooops. I just noticed that the output of the sensor is "0-5volts" in the very first line of it's description. I'll connect it to the DAQ1000 and read it's condition there.
Please correct me if I am going about that wrong.

Dan
danthoskin
Phidgetly

Re: Photosensor and DA1301 Digital Input

Post by danthoskin »

To avoid BBQ'ing my Phidgets, does the signal wire from that sensor go to the black, white or red lead on the VINT cable when I connect it to the DAQ1000?
Thanks,
Dan