Configure Phidgets to work in Artisan Roasting software

Supporting 10.7 and up
Michael Heyns
Fresh meat

Configure Phidgets to work in Artisan Roasting software

Post by Michael Heyns »

Dear Community, I need some help configuring my Phidgets to work in Artisan. I am running MacOSx Big Sur. I have wireless Vint 5000 with 3x TMP1200 connected to 3 x RTD 4 wire. I can connect to the Vint Hub via web browser and kept it at DHCP as it is the only network where my Probat LP5 roaster is. I have no additional Wifi network as of yet.

I installed the Phidget22 latest drivers and I have tried the Phidget Stand Alone driver but removed it after having no success. With the driver installation I gave the permissions under Mac Security.

I can connect via the Phidget Control pannel and view the RTD's on Port 3,4,5 individually. They are red so I will try and do a firmware upgrade.
I can also connect via web browser 192.168.100.1

Artisan 2.6.0 - Config > Devices > Phidgets I enable Network setting at the bottom > Host: hub5000. Port: 8080 Password: As on my Vint Hub
Not sure if extra configuration is needed >

ET/BT Tab - Not sure what configuration is needed under Meter >

No values display for the Phidget on ET or BT within the main control screen. It appears as if Artisan is not speaking through the driver with the Vint hub5000.

What I noted on my Phidget installation side:
Under the Phidget Control Panel it says Remote Server: hub5000 (hub5000.local) is this correct?

Secondly under Network Server button on Phidget control panel. It says under Webserver Docroots and the Library URL. But when I go to apple Library- I find no Phidgets entry in the Library section as specified under Docroot:

Thirdly I get confused over the various login locations
1) Phidget Control Panel under Phidget Server > Server Name, Port,
Password.
2) Under 192.168.100.1 Phidget Network Server again a Server Name, Password
and Port.

Has anyone struggled with the following. It feels like I am missing something very basic. It would be kind if someone could assist.
Michael Heyns
Kingdom Coffee Roasters
Hamburg Germany
Michael Heyns
Fresh meat

Re: Configure Phidgets to work in Artisan Roasting software

Post by Michael Heyns »

Hi Community,

I figured it out with Marko Luther from Artisan that was so helpful.
So in the networks tab. Config > Devices > Phidgets at the bottom is a network tab that must be enabled and then I used the IP address as the host name 192.168.100.1 that is the default IP address if the Vint Hub acts as a DHCP server and the password. This did the trick. Both my Phidget RTD's are now reading in Artisan.

Look under Artisan Scope blog Device, Phidgets, Remote Access
Michael Heyns
Kingdom Coffee Roasters
Hamburg Germany