phidget-tools: easy recording/monitoring from Phidget 1048_1B USB-thermocouple devices directly from your comfy terminal

Supporting 2.6 and up
mlaparie
Fresh meat

phidget-tools: easy recording/monitoring from Phidget 1048_1B USB-thermocouple devices directly from your comfy terminal

Post by mlaparie »

I have been trying to find some CLI tools to use Phidget 1048_1B USB-thermocouple devices from headless computers or lowcost singleboard computers but I couldn't find anything, so I wrote my own and was just thinking it could be useful to others. It is on Github at mlaparie/phidget-tools (I can't post full URLs with my 1-post profile here):

Code: Select all

https://github (dot) com/mlaparie/phidget-tools
It's far from perfect but it does fill my needs and is relatively easy to use (there is an interactive mode with prompts for every setting, but it can also be automated with fully manual command lines). I did see the Artisan software but it is very specific and tailored to roasting, and also harder to automate for specific monitorings.

I am not a developer, so please don't hesitate to submit PRs to improve things.

phidget-tools is written in Python (for the recorder part) and Bash (for the visualization part), so it should be OS-agnostic.

The attached gif below shows one terminal window with phidget-plot (visualization) on the left, and one with phidget-rec and ongoing recording on the right. Another animation shows phidget-rec settings on the project page.
Attachments
phidget-plot.gif