DCC1100 Closed Loop Velocity Controller

Comments & issues
csheaupdesigns
Fresh meat

DCC1100 Closed Loop Velocity Controller

Post by csheaupdesigns »

Can the DCC1100 be used as a closed loop velocity controller? I was hoping to use the DCC1100 with the DCM4100_0 to accurately control the speed of the motor. The DCM4100_0 has built-in hall effect sensors for feedback into the control loop and obviously this is used in the implementation of the position controller. However, the Motor Controller API only allows for setting the velocity in terms of duty cycle. I infer from this that I must implement my own control loop, using the velocity argument in the PhidgetBLDCMotor_OnVelocityUpdateCallback() as an input. Is this correct? Or is there a way to configure the DCC1100 control loop by setting a max RPM such that the duty cycle input to the PhidgetBLDCMotor_getTargetVelocity() function is just proportional to the max RPM and the DC1100 handles the closed loop control of that proportional speed?
nm17
Phidgeteer!

Re: DCC1100 Closed Loop Velocity Controller

Post by nm17 »

You can't set rpm so you may need to develop your own control loop. Beware the min data interval is 100ms which can be a bit restrictive in high speed applications.