TMP1101 + VINT Hub compatible with iOS or Android?

Supporting iOS 8 and up
jonnyoldschool
Fresh meat

TMP1101 + VINT Hub compatible with iOS or Android?

Post by jonnyoldschool »

Hello all! I'm wondering if I can use the system on my coffee roaster with my iPad or phone.

I've got a TMP1101 phidget with 2 K-type thermocouples connected to a VINT hub on my coffee roaster. I was wondering if I could connect this to a mobile device such as an Android phone or iPad and use an app to take readings. I've had a look through the documentation but couldn't find anything on the compatibility of this system with mobile devices. If anyone can comment on whether this is possible and potentially how to do so, it would be much appreciated!
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: TMP1101 + VINT Hub compatible with iOS or Android?

Post by mparadis »

The VINT Hub is not compatible to be directly controlled by a mobile device via USB.

However, if the VINT Hub is connected to a computer, laptop, or SBC, you can run the Phidget Network Server and then you could read temperature data from your TMP1101 using an iOS or Android app (programmed in Java, Swift or Objective C).
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: TMP1101 + VINT Hub compatible with iOS or Android?

Post by Patrick »

USB Phidgets can be directly connected to Android devices, but not iOS devices. We have some Android examples, but no ready to use software.

-Patrick