LEDs Causing Power Issues?

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
AdamLee
Phidgetly

LEDs Causing Power Issues?

Post by AdamLee »

Hello Phidget People!

We've seen some errors with interface kits (tried a few that we have in stock) which seem to go away when we remove a few LED lights that we had hooked up to digital output channels. This all started in the following thread in which we were troubleshooting Phidget 22 Network Server errors:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9917

Anyways, I just wanted to post here to make sure I'm not crazy in how I've hooked these up. We have three LEDs with the anodes wired to the digital output channels 0, 1 and 2 respectively and the cathodes all wired to the ground pin on the digital output side. The LEDs all seem to work fine and respond well to our programming but for whatever reason when we have the lights hooked up and interfaced into our software we are seeing failures with the interface kits.

If anyone has any insights to why this might be I'm all ears. If we've hooked these up incorrectly then I'd also love to know that... but I can't imagine that's the case.

I've also started another thread discussing addressing with a VINT hub and Interface Kit to attack this issue from multiple angles:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9921&p=31512#p31512
Adam Lee
Software Engineer
www.activatedresearch.com