Cannot get the "IR Learn"

Comments & issues
Sherry
Phidgetsian

Cannot get the "IR Learn"

Postby Sherry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:33 am

Hi,
Recently I am using a IR sensor to stimulate a remote control to control my fan.
But When I follow the " Start Guide" , I find it is very difficult for my IR "Learn" the remote control by using "IR-full"
The "Start Guide" point out that only around 4 times repeating then the IR will "Learn" the code. But I repeat many times , my "Repeat Count" is still 1.

Anyone can provide me some suggestion ?
I will be very appreciate.
Thank you

mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get the "IR Learn"

Postby mparadis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:28 am

Are you pressing the button multiple times or holding the button? For some controllers you need to hold it down in order to get proper repeats. What are you seeing in the raw data window when you do either of these methods (when using the Phidget Control Panel example).

Sherry
Phidgetsian

Postby Sherry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:54 pm

mparadis wrote:Are you pressing the button multiple times or holding the button? For some controllers you need to hold it down in order to get proper repeats. What are you seeing in the raw data window when you do either of these methods (when using the Phidget Control Panel example).

Hi,
I had try both of them ( press the button multiple times and hold the button).
I get many numbers for the raw data. But no matter how hard I try , the IR sensor cannot learn.

mparadis
Site Admin

Postby mparadis » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:42 am

If you try the "re-transmit raw data", can you get the PhidgetIR to mimic the button you pressed? Even if it can't learn the code for some reason, as long as it's getting the raw numbers it should be able to mimic them.

Sherry
Phidgetsian

Postby Sherry » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I can get the raw data and I do can mimic the button that I pressed if I try " re-transmit raw data".
but I just very curious why my IR cannot learn. :( :?

mparadis
Site Admin

Postby mparadis » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:04 am

It's probably just a different format of code that isn't recognized by the firmware on the PhidgetIR. Either way, if re-transmitting the raw data works, then you can still do everything that you could otherwise do with a learned code. When you write your program, you'll just have to do a raw transmit with the data you've gathered, rather than transmitting a learned code.

Sherry
Phidgetsian

Postby Sherry » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:34 pm

mparadis wrote:It's probably just a different format of code that isn't recognized by the firmware on the PhidgetIR. Either way, if re-transmitting the raw data works, then you can still do everything that you could otherwise do with a learned code. When you write your program, you'll just have to do a raw transmit with the data you've gathered, rather than transmitting a learned code.

Thank you so much. :)
:D :D :D

Return to “General”