My project is to integrate the Phidget Spatial 0/0/3 into an existing VB6 application.
My development system is running win7/64 and VB6.
* Ran the Phidget-x64_184.108.40.20621015.exe installer. Install went ok.
* Phidgets Control Panel runs ok. I can see the 3 axis of the accelormeter are working fine. So I know USB is ok.
* COM dll is registered here... C:\Program Files\Phidgets\Phidget21COM.dll
* a phidget DLL is installed here C:\Windows\System32\phidget21.dll, size = 1.30 MB (1,364,992 bytes)
* another phidget DLL is also installed here C:\Windows\SysWOW64\phidget21.dll, size = 1.10 MB (1,161,728 bytes)
* The icons for the Phidget components are all black in the Control Toolbox. Is it possible to fix that?
* The Phidget Library 2.1 is checked in the controls and located C:\Program Files\Phidgets\x86\Phidget21COM.dll
* References is checked and located C:\Program Files\Phidgets\x86\Phidget21COM.oca
Running VB examples:
* Run the HelloWorld.vbp example...it starts ok. Lists the single Phidget I have connected...ie "Hello Device PhidgetSpatial, Serial Number: xxxxxx". Seems fine.
* When I load and run the accelerometer-simple.vbp..it loads and runs without error, but there is no information from the phidget, all boxes are blank. Compiling and running is same. With debug breakpoints, the Call phidgetAccel.Open seems to be ok, but code never gets to sub phidgetAccel_OnAttach(). I tried adding phidgetAccel.WaitforAttachment (3000) after open, didnt help.
* When I run the VB6 example C:\Program Files\Phidgets\Examples\Accelerometer-full.exe, the app starts without errors, but there is no information from the phidget, all boxes are blank.
So the bottomline, somethings are working, some are not. I want to get the examples working and understand them before I start coding for my application.
I read the note in the Windows OS pdf regarding Logitech quickcams causing problems. I do have several Logitech webcams installed. I killed the LWS.exe process, but it didnt seem to help. My final application will require the use of Logitech webcams and the Phidget device, so if that is the problem, I will need a workaround.
Can someone please help me get things working properly?