Hi guys. Just had the same issue happen to me after several projects working with the phidgets with no issues from using Callstring("OutputState(0,-1)"). Additionally, note that it's really -1 and not 1.
But getting back to what happened. I suddenly had the problem when I installed a Director project to two new pcs with Windows 10. Strangely, the third one I installed to worked. Initially, I thought I had problems with my code so tried to make the code work for the other two. it worked when I changed the comma between the index number and the output state to a semi colon! Now putting the semicolon version to the one PC that worked now didnt work. I checked the languages for the Windows 10 installed and saw that one had English (US) as language and the other two had English (Philippine) installed. Voila! Changed the other two to English and now everything's working again.