Windows CE - USB device attach issue

Do you have a development environment for Windows CE? Many Single Board Computers, PDAs, smartphones, etc. have a USB host, giving them the ability to control Phidgets.
bluush
Fresh meat

Windows CE - USB device attach issue

Postby bluush » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:50 pm

In the ce help page the following is listed

"Issue: The Phidget is not attaching to my Program

If the Phidgets are already plugged into the USB port of the Windows CE device, the Phidgets will need to be re-attached to the device once the Phidget libraries are installed. The reason for this is that when the Phidget drivers are not present on the system, the devices will associate with a generic USB HID driver. Installing the Phidget drivers will then allow them to be associated with the proper driver, but it does not disconnect them from the HID driver. Unplugging and reconnecting the device will cause the OS to look for the appropriate drivers again and it will now be able to find the Phidget drivers. "

Has anyone found a software solution to achieving a virtual unplug/plug in of the USB so it finds then correctly?

Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Windows CE - USB device attach issue

Postby Patrick » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:28 am

The real solution to to create a new CE image with the drivers included. (though more work).

-Patrick

bluush
Fresh meat

Re: Windows CE - USB device attach issue

Postby bluush » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:54 am

thanks Patrick for your advice, i have contacted the company that makes the CE 6.0 Panel Device i am using and have asked them if they can incorporate the DLL's into the image file.

The don't make the tools available to create the image myself.

For anyone else arriving at this page the panel device i am using is Comfile CUWIN5500 running CE6.0

Return to “Windows CE”