DCC1100 - no output

Comments & issues
luneart
Phidgetly

DCC1100 - no output

Post by luneart »

Hello,

I've recently acquired a wifi vint hub (HUB5000), a power guard (SAF1000), a brushless motor controller (DCC1100), and a brushless motor.

I wanted to check out all is working well first, but the DCC module doesn't produce output (after long hours pulling my hairs, I finally thought of checking with a multimeter in AC setting between 2 motor phases).

My setup: see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9993&p=31757#p31757, but basically:
Power source + SAF - DCC - motor
| | |
+ Wifi VINT HUB

My tests:
- on windows, through the phidget control panel, I get the hub, then the SAF. I set the tension in the SAF "Power Supply Protector" object, and a click on error logging instantaneously changes the power source fan (slightly). Then after some time the DCC module appears.
* In "Brushless DC Motor Controller", I tried setting speed to 1, nothing. I tried fiddling with the other settings -same nothing.
* In "Position Controller" I tried to 'engage motor' (position 0), but no resistance on rotor.

Even though the other modules answered, I thought it might be a problem with the program or windows. So, on my ubuntu I wrote in C through copy/paste of excerpts on the website the attached program (compiled with

Code: Select all

gcc motorTest-SAF+DCC.c -Wall -o HelloWorld -lphidget22
).
Then I thought of measuring the output with a multimeter in AC tension mode, between a pair of phases, but nothing there.

What can I do?
Thank you.
Attachments
motorTest-SAF+DCC.c
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
fraser
Engineering

Re: DCC1100 - no output

Post by fraser »

In your previous post that you linked to, you show a 30V supply. Is that the actual output of the supply? Because you also set the OverVoltage property on the SAF1000 to 30V, which would definitely cause some issues. You want the OverVoltage property to be set somewhat above your expected voltage out. (ie if you have a 30V supply, set OverVoltage to 32V or 33V).

Additionally, what does your log output "phidgetlog.log" say after you run the program?
luneart
Phidgetly

Post by luneart »

yes, you're right, and API doc do say +1V.
I've put it at 33V now like you said.
No dice either though ;)
log doesn't say much. Both are attached to this post.
Attachments
motorTest-SAF+DCC.c
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
phidgetlog.log
(19.69 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
LucasP
Phidgetly

Post by LucasP »

Is the motor from our website? If not, have you checked your hall-effect sensors?
luneart
Phidgetly

Post by luneart »

The motor is not from phidgets.
I did the hall wiring from the documentation, but I iterated with the supplier and just re-did the wiring.

I powered it on again (through the windows panel again this time), nothing happened, then I turned the rotor by hand and the fuse broke. I'm just confused now...

EDIT: I changed the fuse, retried... and a MOFSET blew on the DCC :shock:
luneart
Phidgetly

Post by luneart »

I have another DCC, so if you could help me not burn another that would be good :)
LucasP
Phidgetly

Post by LucasP »

I would keep velocity very low when verifying hall effect sensors. You may also want to contact support@phidgets.com for a replacement board.
fitchett
Site Admin

Post by fitchett »

Which BLDC motor are you using?
luneart
Phidgetly

Post by luneart »

Hey, thank you for gtting back.
It's this motor: http://www.dcmotorkeya.com/24V-750W-ser ... servo.html
chinese motor yes - who said first mistake? :?
fitchett
Site Admin

Post by fitchett »

Which motor part number do you have from Keya? Can you post photos of your wiring setup?