Firmware Downgrade

Comments & issues
nm17
Phidgeteer!

Firmware Downgrade

Post by nm17 »

Hi

What is the procedure if I wanted to downgrade Firmware on my stepper motors from 202 to 201? I know how to upgrade but can I downgrade?

I noticed when upgrading from Phidget21 to Phidget22 that my stepper motors now have option to update firmware from 201 to 202. The firmware upgrade is not available if I run Phidget 21 control panel, only in Phidget 22.

Unfortunately, my software does not run nicely under Phidget22 and I am considering upgrading firmware on steppers to see if this will help with the erratic drive. The upgrade may not help and in that case I would like to downgrade to the old firmware and use old/Phidget21 software.

Thanks
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Firmware Downgrade

Post by mparadis »

You shouldn't have to downgrade the Phidgets' firmware if you want to use Phidget21- firmware upgrades are backwards compatible so the new version will work on both Phidget21 and Phidget22.

If you want to use Phidget21, just make sure it's still installed (You'll find it in C:/Program Files/Phidgets). Your software that uses the Phidget21 libraries will still work if all of the Phidget21 files are in that directory. If they're not there, you can re-download the Phidget21 libraries here.
nm17
Phidgeteer!

Post by nm17 »

Thanks!

Is there somewhere a list of improvements / release notes for each firmware version so users can evaluate if upgrade would be useful?

Thanks
mparadis
Site Admin

Post by mparadis »

The firmware changelog for each individual product can be found under the "Resources" tab on the product's page. In this case, it looks like the 1067 had some changes made to the USB stack in version 202.