Simple TCP request to Network server app

Comments & issues
dferors
Fresh meat

Simple TCP request to Network server app

Post by dferors »

I'm trying to communicate with the phidget network server running on a windows machine.

The control panel is communicating with the usb attached VINT Hub fine and its attached sensors.

I have a bit of software running that can send a TCP request to a port and receive a string back but Im not getting the TCP request syntax correct in the first place, would any one know what that TCP request string would look like?
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Simple TCP request to Network server app

Post by Patrick »

The protocol isn't documented. We do provide the C library itself as a client, as well as the JavaScript library. Does you application require that you talk to the server directly?

-Patrick
dferors
Fresh meat

Post by dferors »

Thanks for the reply Patrick, the application I'm using can communicate in a number of different ways, but the most basic building block way is a TCP string request.

I thought that if the phidget software that runs on windows is hosting a network server and it may be able to receive a TCP string "get" request and send a data string back.

Are you suggesting that I use the C library instead and then use that to send and received TCP strings to my software?
Unfortunately i haven't got any skills in that language.. has anyone create an app that interfaces with phidgets and then presents the data to be queried by a TCP request?
Patrick
Lead Developer

Post by Patrick »

The network server protocol isn't as simple as just polling for values - it really needs a whole client-side framework of code to manage things. What application are you using?

-Patrick