Javadoc

Supporting Java SE version 7 and up
dmccue128
Phidgetsian

Javadoc

Post by dmccue128 »

Please post Javadoc for classes in new phidget22 api.

I'd like to create a map from my device identifiers to channels but I cannot determine what (if any) common super class of DigitalInput, DigitalOutput, VoltageInput.
So I am compelled to create three maps, one for each type and then a fourth map to index my device IDs to correct individual channel map.
The online documentation shows a slew of methods but no documentation of the classes to which they belong.
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Javadoc

Post by Patrick »

All channel classes extend com.phidget22.Phidget. This is specified in the API documentation once you choose your language from the dropdown.

-Patrick
dmccue128
Phidgetsian

Post by dmccue128 »

OK, thank you. I was seeking the Javadoc to help understand the relationship between classes (and the hierarchy) but your explanation is clear and this documentation provides all the information. I am just not familiar with navigating it.
Interfaces like VoltageInputVoltageChangeListener are not listed on the API menu, but are documented through links embedded in the documentation of other methods e.g., the Event documentation for addVoltageChangeListener.
CharlesMc
Fresh meat

Post by CharlesMc »

Can I get the JavaDoc? I want to integrate it in my IDE.
dschultz
Phidgetsian

Post by dschultz »

CharlesMc wrote:Can I get the JavaDoc? I want to integrate it in my IDE.
I would like this too, thanks.