More "Problem waiting for attachement" issues...

Supporting Java SE version 7 and up
rich
Phidgetly

More "Problem waiting for attachement" issues...

Postby rich » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm using an SBC to collect data at a remote site. Everything seems to be running just fine for a couple days, then I start getting crazy readings from my temperature sensors. When I try to attach with the VB InterfaceKit program - it fails. I can connect with either putty, or browser and access the SBC. It appears from my log, that my onboard C program is failing waiting for an attachment (Given timeout has been exceeded). If I reboot - everything is fine.

That seems like a messy way of resolving the issue. There are several other posts that seem to have similar issues with the "waiting for attachment" failure. I'm wondering why, after a few days of running just fine - that this would happen. I can't find anything that appears relevant in the system logs. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to trying them.

Thanks in advance for any response!

AdamS

Re: More "Problem waiting for attachement" issues...

Postby AdamS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 am

Have you enabled logging in the Phidget library?

This situation sounds like there may have been a situation where the Phidget had "disconnected" and your software was trying to re-establish connecting with the Phidget but could no longer locate it.

What I can suggest is enabling the logging in the API library when you do a clean run of your program. When this situation occurs again, take a look in the log and see what the library reports just before this occurs.

Return to “Java”