Stepper Motor Program without GUI

Supporting Java SE version 7 and up
rairolls

Stepper Motor Program without GUI

Postby rairolls » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 am

Hello there. :-)

I am trying to run a sample Stepper code that has been provided by Phidgets- removing the GUI as I would like to create my own GUI.

I would like to check if there are existing codes that have been created for the Stepper program, without the GUI.

Else, what possible methods do I call for the CurrentPosScrl, TargetPosScrl and especially the MotorCmb as I am running into much problems while trying to configure this.

I have looked through the API but to no avail.
Hope you could help me here. Thank You very much in advance.
:-)

anewsome
Phidgeteer!

Re: Stepper Motor Program without GUI

Postby anewsome » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 am

I was able to make my own GUI for stepper control. If you send me an email I can probably help you through it. I found the provided samples to be a bit complicated to reverse engineer. Especially the listener files. Once I figured it all out, it was pretty easy.

You can see my prototype app in action, in a quick video I made yesterday. http://db.tt/JoYf1gJ

mphi
Phidgetly

Postby mphi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:56 am

There are non GUI examples found in the 'Simple Examples' folder of the Java examples package.

http://www.phidgets.com/programming_resources.php

rairolls

Postby rairolls » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm

To anewsome: I have sent you a private message. Hope to receive a reply very soon. Thanks Alot :-)

To mphi: Yes, I have looked through those examples and was able to create a non GUI Program for the InterfaceKit but unfortunately not for the Stepper Motor.

Thanks for your kind help. :-)

mphi
Phidgetly

Postby mphi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

Were you able to run the Simple Examples StepperExample.java successfully?

rairolls

Postby rairolls » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 pm

to mphi: I just redownloaded the JavaJNI and saw that the StepperExample.java has been updated as previously there wasn't such a file. Thanks! Will try it out. :-)

Return to “Java”