wireless VINT detaching

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: wireless VINT detaching

Post by Patrick »

Hi,

It's hard to say. Are you able to ping the HUB5000's when you see the detaches? Do the channels eventually re-attach, or are you having to reboot things or restart programs?

There are plans to support latching device state even when channels get closed - but I'm not sure about a timeframe for this. I'd also like to expose keepalives config for the HUB5000 so things can stay connected even through network issues.

On the client side log (and server side as well for that matter) - do you ever see keepalive failures, or just the IO failures I see in the log you posted?

Thanks,
-Patrick
speed
Phidgeteer!

Post by speed »

we still have this issue. we have the latest firmware.
any resolutions?
jimmydigital
Fresh meat

Post by jimmydigital »

Did you make any progress on this? I'm prototyping a setup now with a Hub5000 and seeing similar disconnects. I'm using python.. and running isAttached regularly and I don't see the drops there.. but when plotting sensor data I see long periods where the values don't change... then change suddenly and stay flat for another long period. That's partly a side effect of my code.. (repeats the last value if not updated) but not sure what's going on with it. I have reconnect logic.. but it's not getting triggered because the explicit checks for channel status are usually good.
speed
Phidgeteer!

Post by speed »

No, I didn’t make any progress, got frustrated and wired them. Wireless is not reliable
jimmydigital
Fresh meat

Post by jimmydigital »

Same... switched to wired and have seen these problems go away.