PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/8 stopped working

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
fg8psi
Fresh meat

PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/8 stopped working

Post by fg8psi »

Hi All,

Have had a issue with my PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/8 Relay card. Currently I use the card with Prosim737 and it has been working correct, then i started having issues with Prosim not responding and traced the fault to the Phidget Card. When i used the Phidget program (With Prosim not running) it can see the card but when i click to control it an error is coming up with saying it is Busy.

I have plugged the card into a different PC and it is working fine on Prosim and the Phidgets program so it sounds like a PC issue.

The PC is a Windows 10 Pro Build 1709. Cant update windows to the latest due to network requirements.

TIA

Nick
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/8 stopped working

Post by mparadis »

A Phidget channel can only be opened in one program at a time, so it's possible that Prosim is trying to access a channel that is already being held by another program or process. Make sure that the Phidget Control Panel is closed and if it still doesn't work, you may want to go into the task manager and close any other programs and processes that could be using the Phidget.
fg8psi
Fresh meat

Re: PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/8 stopped working

Post by fg8psi »

mparadis wrote:A Phidget channel can only be opened in one program at a time, so it's possible that Prosim is trying to access a channel that is already being held by another program or process. Make sure that the Phidget Control Panel is closed and if it still doesn't work, you may want to go into the task manager and close any other programs and processes that could be using the Phidget.
Hi,

I only installed the phidgets program once Prosim was playing up and found out it was the card to test further and also i made sure only one program was running at a time.
I have spoken to support at Prosim which they advised no changes to the Phidgets driver have been made.

The card is coming up working in Devices with no errors.

Nick