Phidget InterfaceKit 8/8/8 detected but not showing info

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
iko79
Fresh meat

Phidget InterfaceKit 8/8/8 detected but not showing info

Postby iko79 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:29 am

Hi,

Phidgets n00b here.

I've got an issue with an old InterfaceKit 8/8/8: I downloaded and installed the current drivers for Windows x64 (using Windows 8.1 x64), and plugged my InterfaceKit, which also is properly detected by the Control Panel, but whenever I open the InterfaceKit dialog, it stays empty (see attached image). I got to add that the hardware revision is kinda old (see version number in Control Panel), so I thought I'd maybe have to update the firmware, but according to the information i found online, the device will be printed in red if the firmware is outdated and a simple doubleclick would start an update instead of opening the dialog, so I didn't manage to do this.

Any ideas?

btw: your forum search function seems to be broken, I always get a 404
Attachments
phidgets.PNG

iko79
Fresh meat

Re: Phidget InterfaceKit 8/8/8 detected but not showing info

Postby iko79 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 am

Okay, solved. No idea why though, it suddenly worked when I decided to reinstall the package and the uninstaller wasn't able to do it's job since the dialog was still open. At that point I noticed that it suddenly worked the way it's supposed to. Weird.

mparadis
Site Admin

Re: Phidget InterfaceKit 8/8/8 detected but not showing info

Postby mparadis » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 am

This problem is often caused because the Phidget is already opened in another program (like one of our code samples). In some cases, processes from programs you ran earlier could still be running and keeping the Phidget open. It can usually be fixed by restarting the computer.

Return to “InterfaceKits”