Multiple Interface kits?

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
TheTurningGallery
Phidgetly

Multiple Interface kits?

Postby TheTurningGallery » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 pm

How do you connect to multiple interface kits at one time. I have an 8x8x8 with a 16x0x16 connected to the hub on the 8x8x8. When I connect with the sample apps it only sees the 8x8x8. There must be a way to enumeriate the availble interface kits and communicate with the kit you wish.

John

burley
Human-Cyborg Relations

Re: Multiple Interface kits?

Postby burley » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 am

When you use the open call just use the serial number of the device you are trying to connect to. You can use open as many times as you would like provided you are connecting to a different device each time.
Brian Burley
403-282-7335 ext. 6003
support@phidgets.com

erik
King of the Lab

Postby erik » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 am

Take a look at the Manager class. From there, there is a property (or function) that will list all the attached Phidgets.

This is what the Phidget Control Panel in Windows and Mac use to display all the available Phidgets on the system.

littlesun1990
Phidgetsian

Postby littlesun1990 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 am

Okay ... I would like to add my serialnumber of my reader in my databases with a column name LOCATION in READER table.

I am using VB.net.
Here is my code.

Dim WithEvents phidgetRFID As Phidgets.RFID

Private Sub btndetect_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btndetect.Click
//this is a detect button that once you click it will detect the reader which what i am expected

phidgetRFID = New Phidgets.RFID

phidgetRFID.open()

End Sub

Private Sub phidgetRFID_Attach(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Phidgets.Events.AttachEventArgs) Handles phidgetRFID.Attach
MsgBox("Read succussfully.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "Reminder")

phidgetRFID.Antenna = True
phidgetRFID.LED = True
lblreaderserialno.Text = phidgetRFID.SerialNumber()
My problem is here .. If i attach 2 reader in my USB port. How can i detect which serialnumber is belongs to which reader without using the Phidget control panel to view which reader's serialnumber is belongs to which reader
End Sub

Private Sub phidgetRFID_detach(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Phidgets.Events.DetachEventArgs) Handles phidgetRFID.Detach
MsgBox("Please attach the reader before continue.", MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "Error")

End Sub

Currently i doing my Final Year Project which is a system can track elderly people in nursing home. Every elderly has a tag which sew on the sleeve of the clothes. And at certain places have RFID readers to track the elderly person. I got a FORM call AddReader which get the serialnumber of the reader and request user to input location and store in the databases table name Reader, column name LOCATION and SERIALNO.

I got another form call Tracking which i will plug in 2 readers. In here how can i active both reader together? As far as i know, i can only activate one reader per time. Is it any solution of this?

Return to “InterfaceKits”