Advanced Servo Controller (8) and "BEC" regulator

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
penpen77

Advanced Servo Controller (8) and "BEC" regulator

Postby penpen77 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:57 am

Hello everybody,

a simple question, can I use a RC motor regulator with "BEC" feature ?
like this one: http://www1.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/225000-249999/231639-an-01-ml-Fahrtregler_SpeedAttack540_de-en-fr-nl.pdf. The spec says "As the control cruise is equipped with BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit), no receiver battery/
rechargeable battery may be used! The drive battery supplies the receiver and the
connected servos directly with power via the control cruise."

If it is possible, can I put 2 of them an the board ? My device have caterpillar so there are two motors.

Thanks.[/img]

fitchett
Site Admin

Postby fitchett » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am

I don't think it's a good idea. The 1061 is not designed to be happy about getting a blast of power sent back from the device it is trying to control. We recommend not using ESCs with BECs.

In fact, you can find a forum post from a user who very quickly destroyed their 1061, we believe from the BEC.

Good question - thank you.

Chester

penpen77

Postby penpen77 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:46 am

Ok, i can't find an electrical motor regulator without BEC at a reasonable price in France so I'll build a mechanical one like old RC cars used with servos and a big resistor.

Before this, i have used PWM stuff from old servos to drive old "lego" motors but it's a little bit weak.

Thanks a lot

Return to “InterfaceKits”