Smaller Version of 8/8/8

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
fjwolz19

Smaller Version of 8/8/8

Postby fjwolz19 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:11 pm

I am very new at this and I am looking to make a system to track the revolutions of a wheel. I think that I can use an IR Reflective Sensor to track the revolutions, but then I would need a 8/8/8 interface kit to connect it to a computer and do something with the information.

The thing i am wondering is whether there is a smaller solution somewhere for an 8/8/8. I really do not need something this big with as much room for expansion. At this time, I only want to hook up a couple analog sensors and usb to the computer therefore I would not need the digital inputs or outputs and 8 analog inputs.

Since this is my first project, I am not looking to spend a lot of money. Is there anything else that would get the job done, without being that expensive? I realize that something smaller would drastically limit future expansion, but I am willing to trade expansion for cost at this point.

Surely I am not the first person with a project in which the 8/8/8 interface would probably be overkill.

abscoder
Phidgetsian

Postby abscoder » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:54 pm

The 8/8/8 is one of the less expensive, quality DAQ's available, regardless of channels. We were very happy to discover it exceeds our performance requirements and costs many times less than other DAQs we tested. Just my observation...

Good luck.

Return to “InterfaceKits”