interface kit USB 1019_0b on windows 10

Technical Discussions on any InterfaceKits
AndreGermain
Phidgetly

interface kit USB 1019_0b on windows 10

Post by AndreGermain »

hello,

an 8-8-8 USB 1019_0b version 826 (S/N 84431) worked fine on WinXP PC for over a decade. Moved it over to Win10 and it only works when the USB connector is unplug-replug once the O/S is running. Oddly, restarting into BIOS (not cycling PC power), and exiting, the HUB (and its connected devices) shows up.

BIOS is set for legacy, is a USB 3.1 controller on the MoBo. All USB hubs are set to O/S suspend disabled (power option).

Any chance there is a solution?

Cheers
mparadis
Site Admin

Re: interface kit USB 1019_0b on windows 10

Post by mparadis »

I think I remember a similar issue where certain Logitech USB keyboard and mice drivers would grab Phidgets devices with similar results. You could try temporarily disabling other USB drivers to see if this is the culprit.
AndreGermain
Phidgetly

Post by AndreGermain »

Thank you for the reply.

The problem exists when there is no keyboard, mouse, or screen. Its a headless system.

I was planning on buffering it with an old USB 1.1 hub, but think it will lead to the same problem. However, I remembered today that on the WinXp system, there was an Icron USB extender buffering it, and it would only be powered up after the O/S was booted, so its not finally a fair comparison. Although I no longer need the Icron, I will also try that out to see if powering it up as per the WinXP would solve it.

Cheers
AndreGermain
Phidgetly

Post by AndreGermain »

Finally got around to connecting up the original Icron LEX-REX USB over T/P and it solved the problem in that these units have no USB connectivity with the host until they have power applied. My observatory program only powers up this hub and therefore the 8-8-8 USB interface and anything connected to it much later after the O/S boot. Is it the modern BIOS or Win 10 the problem? No matter, I have a working solution.
Metall4You
Phidgetsian

Post by Metall4You »

Hello Andre

I have the same problem, can I ask you which monitoring program you use to switch on the usb hub. does this work with any usb extender like this

https://www.conrad.ch/de/p/logilink-ua0 ... 90546.html

I am desperate, I have 2 LED64 and relay cards in use with Win10 and Prosim737....

Thanks for your answer

greetings Ramon