Android disable USB popup "Allow the app 'App Name' to access the USB device?" for 1018_2B

Supporting 4.1 and up
fl0wtec
Fresh meat

Android disable USB popup "Allow the app 'App Name' to access the USB device?" for 1018_2B

Post by fl0wtec »

Dear Patrick,

I´m trying to get rid of the popup message which appears when plugging in the PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 (1018_2B).
The message states: "Allow the app 'App Name' to access the USB device?" and provides a checkbox for remembering this as default action.

However, the "remember" part only happens after some additions to the code, see here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/123 ... 5#15151075

This works. But I´d like to get rid of the message in the first place.

My issue is: when I connect a different PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 (1018_2B) to the same device, the popup message appears again. We might connect different 1018_2B to the same device eg. in case of replacements for defective units.
Even for initial unattended setup, the popup message requires some interaction, which is not suitable in the field.

Do you guys use differend VID/PIDs for your PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 (1018_2B) revisions?

BR
fl0wtec
Patrick
Lead Developer

Re: Android disable USB popup "Allow the app 'App Name' to access the USB device?" for 1018_2B

Post by Patrick »

I don't think there is any way to prevent the popup, as this is controlled by the OS. Maybe if you rooted the Android device, this would be possible in some way? I'm not sure how feasible this is.

As for the new device, it's detecting a different serial number - all Phidgets have a unique serial number.

-Patrick