Phidget on Android with USB-Hub. InterfaceKit & Temp Sensor

Supporting 4.1 and up
rayman7718
Fresh meat

Phidget on Android with USB-Hub. InterfaceKit & Temp Sensor

Postby rayman7718 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:50 am

Hi,

I am trying to connect two phidgets - Phidget Temperature sensor and Phidget Interface Kit, over USB to an Android Phone (Galaxy S3) using a USB hub.

My code on the phone does temperaturedevice.openAny() and interfacekit.openAny(). I find that
if I connect both sensors to the hub together and then connect the hub to the phone, the phidget library is only able to see the interface kit attached (and triggers its attached event handler), and not the temperature sensor.

However, if I connect the hub to the phone first, then connect the sensors to the hub one by one, first the temperature sensor and then the interface kit, then the code can see both getting attached one by one. Also, if I reverse the order, that is, connect one by one but first the temperature sensor and then the interface kit, then it only sees the interface kit!!!!!!!

Could you please tell us a solution to this problem, we are blocked on this for a field deployment. Secondly, do you know of any way to make the connect prompt OK-Cancel when the USB device is connected go away?

Return to “Android”