Phidgets On the Android OS

Supporting 4.1 and up
RobOrt
Phidgeteer!

Re: Phidgets On the Android OS

Postby RobOrt » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Dropped the libraries into my project folder, re-built and ran on the emulator all within 5 minutes. Sadly now I have a webservice mis-match on my SBC and the official Android release but otherwise it appears ok.

RobOrt
Phidgeteer!

Postby RobOrt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:58 pm

For anyone at Phidgets:

Just in case you haven't read this already, there are changes to the JNI in the latest release of Android (Ice-Cream Sandwich):

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/11/jni-local-reference-changes-in-ics.html

Patrick
Lead Developer

Postby Patrick » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Our JNI code is written fairly carefully to deal with global/local refs, threads, etc. so I don't think this should be a problem.

-Patrick

RobOrt
Phidgeteer!

Postby RobOrt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:25 pm

New version of my app is now available from Android Market and incorporates the official Android Phidget library.

The app is still intended for webservice use only and it will mean that if you have been using earlier versions you'll now have to install the latest webphidget server version.

Iamaril
Fresh meat

Postby Iamaril » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:28 am

Your app seems to crash when launched in landscape mode (eee Transformer TF101) !

RobOrt
Phidgeteer!

Postby RobOrt » Sat May 05, 2012 7:48 am

Hello All,

Firstly my apologies for my silence over the past weeks (months!) and also the currently rather buggy-version of my App on Android Market. I've simply had other things to do (like work and pay bills) to resolve the problems I know are there. Thanks to all those who have submitted the crash reports they have been useful.

Despite all the above I have been working on improvements to the app mainly focusing on the analogue gauges used to display the sensor ports. Ever since I introduced an analogue display I have been disappointed with the way that it has performed. This is basically due to the particular Android Java Class I used to create a gauge. It has many limitations particularly updating the display when a analogue gauge is not in view. Consequently I have been working on a much improved version and so far it has performed well under my testing.

Android APIs are fast moving. Just as you get to grips with one particular feature that the developers are pushing then a new thing comes out! It's hard to keep up considering this is not my full-time job. I believe Android is on version 4.x now!

Hopefully I will have an update for my app out soon there's just a few tweaks and problems I need to sort out.

Return to “Android”