Rostmaster & Raspberry

Any other Phidget projects you've done not related to the above subjects
zivw
Fresh meat

Rostmaster & Raspberry

Post by zivw »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has made a project with thermocouple, connected to PhidgetTemperatureSensor 1-Input, connected to Raspberry and from there to iPad with Roastmaster?

The alternative will be ThermaQ-Blue but that's out of the box solution...

Thanks
zivw
Fresh meat

Re: Rostmaster & Raspberry

Post by zivw »

I assume I'm not the only one who have a Quest or any other roster, who's looking to improve his roasting profile.

Anyone?
EvansvilleCoffee
Phidgetsian

Post by EvansvilleCoffee »

I am working on a solution for logging more roast details with Artisan, and once I have the solution worked out with physical inputs via USB, I will make it wireless with Raspberry Pi and build everything into a box mounted to my control panel. So far I have thermocouples for BT and ET, and differential pressure transmitters on my gas and air pressure. Currently I am working with the author of Artisan to get the DAQ1400 supported. fz

Unfortunately, I cannot speak to Roastmaster. Having roast monitoring on an iPad sound great, but I find that I really don't need anything that encourages me to walk away from the roaster. :-)
MarioE
Fresh meat

Post by MarioE »

I am using Phidgets to control a QUEST M3s.
I removed the internal electronic from the QUEST.
4 TC to measure the temperature, 4 TC to guarantee that the roaster is completely preheated, and 2 SSR for the heater and ventilator, and a beeper.
and a about 3000 lines of PYTHON Code ...
works since 3 years
Mario