Running Matlab 32-bit on Windows 7

Legacy support with Phidget21
eskercurve
Fresh meat

Running Matlab 32-bit on Windows 7

Postby eskercurve » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi there, I installed the win64 version of the phidget21.dll file just fine and the installer claims compatibility with win32 processes. My Matlab installation is 32-bit (Matlab 2010a)

I fire up matlab, ensure the phidget21Matlab.h file is in the correct directory in the path, and open the simulink example. I also connect my phidget (an 8/8/8 connected to nothing at this point) and ensure using the phidgets diagnostic toolbar program that it is working.

Everything seems to be working until I try running the example.

The example doesn't even run and claims that "phidget21.dll is not a valid win32 application".

So this tells me that something somewhere is getting confused.

Help?

eskercurve
Fresh meat

Re: Running Matlab 32-bit on Windows 7

Postby eskercurve » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:25 pm

eskercurve wrote:Hi there, I installed the win64 version of the phidget21.dll file just fine and the installer claims compatibility with win32 processes. My Matlab installation is 32-bit (Matlab 2010a)

I fire up matlab, ensure the phidget21Matlab.h file is in the correct directory in the path, and open the simulink example. I also connect my phidget (an 8/8/8 connected to nothing at this point) and ensure using the phidgets diagnostic toolbar program that it is working.

Everything seems to be working until I try running the example.

The example doesn't even run and claims that "phidget21.dll is not a valid win32 application".

So this tells me that something somewhere is getting confused.

Help?

So I figured it out. As it turns out I was blindly adding the win64 subdirectory in the windev folders you download. Oops. I removed that subdirectory and it works great now. I tested it with an 8/8/8 board and a slider input.

Return to “Matlab”